Microsoft has introduced two essential requirements for running Windows 11 - TPM and Secure Boot. The company claims the two functions are able to significantly improve security and privacy for users of Windows 11. Particularly when Secure Boot is enabled, you will be able to stay safe from malware-related threats in Windows 11. It also stops unauthorized drivers and software from loading during startup. If you'd like to enable secure boot in Windows 11, follow our guide in the following section. This guide can be applied to both BIOS and the UEFI interfaces.
Enable Secure Boot on Windows 11 Pc or Laptop
In order to enable secure boot on Windows 11, you need to access the BIOS/UEFI menu on your system and you will be booted into the BIOS or the UEFI menu. In this blog, initially, we will discover how to access BIOS/UEFI in Windows 11. Once we have learned this we will be taught ways to make secure boot available in Windows 11.
How to enter Bios or UEFI on Windows 11
With the TPM as well as the Secure Boot requirements to run Windows 11, Microsoft has taken a risk that is in the correct direction. It is a positive sign for Microsoft in the future in terms of the Security of Windows 11's is related. The best part is that the majority of laptops today include the TPM module. It is simply a matter of entering the BIOS within Windows 11 to turn on TPM or Secure Boot. If you're not sure about the steps to enter into the BIOS or UEFI be assured that you've found the correct place. This is a straightforward guide to opening the BIOS or the UEFI on the Windows 11 PC. Without delay, let's begin and find out the directions.
3 Method to Enter the BIOS in Windows 11 Pc or Laptop
Three different methods to open the BIOS/UEFI settings page within Windows 11. The BIOS can be opened for Windows 11 laptops and desktops with these options.
Method.1 Enter the BIOS in Windows 11 Using a Dedicated BIOS Key
Each desktop and laptop comes with an exclusive key that allows access to the BIOS at startup. Here, we've put together the BIOS keys for different laptop and desktop brands. Find the BIOS hotkey below. You can go through the instructions to access the BIOS for Windows 11.
BIOS Key for Laptops:
Key to BIOS to HP Laptops - F10 or Esc
BIOS key for Asus Laptops -F2.
The BIOS keys are to Dell Laptops - F2 or F12
Key to BIOS used for Acer Laptops - F2 or DEL
Key to BIOS for Lenovo Laptops F2 or Fn + F2.
The BIOS keys are for Samsung Laptops -- F2.
Key to BIOS to Sony Laptops - F1, F2, or F3.
Key to BIOS used on Toshiba Laptops - F2
BIOS Key for Desktop Motherboards:
Key to BIOS used for Asus motherboards - F2 or DEL
The BIOS keys are for MSI motherboards DEL
BIOS Key for motherboards with GigabyteDEL DEL
The BIOS keys are to ASRock motherboards - F2.
The BIOS keys for motherboards from Zebronics. F2
Switch off the system completely. After that, turn it on, and continue pressing the BIOS button. It will open directly the BIOS of the Windows 11 computer.
You can access the BIOS for Windows 11 from the Settings
In addition to that BIOS Hotkey, it is possible to also access the BIOS feature in Windows 11 from the Settings. If you tried the BIOS key you mentioned earlier did not work, don't panic because this method will definitely bring users directly to your BIOS screen. Follow the steps below.
1. Make use of your Windows 11 keyboard shortcut "Windows + I" to open the Settings. After that, choose System in the sidebar left and then start the "Recovery" setting from the right pane.
2. Click on "Restart now" next to "Advanced startup". If you see an alert to confirm your selection then click "Restart now".
3. When you're at the Advanced options screen, click "Troubleshoot" and move to "Advanced options".
4. click here to open "UEFI Firmware Settings" and select "Restart".
5. You will then go to the BIOS UEFI configurations page for Your Windows 11 PC.
In the BIOS of Windows 11 from Command Prompt
Command Prompt can also open the BIOS settings page on Windows 11. You just need to type a command and you'll get into the Advanced options screen. Then, you can access your BIOS by clicking on it. This is how to do it.
1. Use the Windows key once, then search in the search bar for "cmd," and open the Command Prompt. In this case, there is no have to open the Command Prompt as an administrator.
2. Within the CMD window, type the following command. It is important to note that running this command will immediately reboot your computer, so make sure to save your work prior to performing this command.
Command Prompt- shut down /r /o/f /t 000
When your computer restarts it will display the identical Advanced Options screen. From there, go to Troubleshoot Advanced options > UEFI Firmware Settings Restart.
You'll be able to enter the BIOS of the Windows 11 computer right away.
Enable Secure Boot for Windows 11 Pc or Laptop
1. Then, go next to "Security" or "System Configuration" or "Boot" (depending on your manufacturer's layout for settings) You will discover"Secure Boot" under the "Secure Boot" option here. Click the Enter button to enable it. If it's grayed out, you must set the administrator password first.
2. Go towards "Security" and set the Administrator password. Make sure you keep the password or note it down somewhere. From this point on, you'll require this password each time you startup BIOS. For some Windows 11 computers, the Administrator password is also referred to as the Supervisor password.
3. Then, you can enable Secure Boot by selecting it from the appropriate menu. at this point, you are able to enable it. Then hit "F10" and hit Enter to "Save and exit".
4. To verify to see if Secure Boot has been enabled or not, start Windows 11 and press the Windows key at a time. After that, you can type "system" and open "System Information" from the results of your search.
5. In "System Summary", click on the "System Summary" tab, look for "Secure Boot State" and it should be "On". You've successfully enabled Secure Boot on Windows 11.
That's how to enable secure boot on a Windows 11 PC. If you're determined to protect your computer from corrupted bootloaders or unauthorized ROMs you must ensure that secure boot is enabled. If you want to activate the other important security settings on your PC you should enable TPM on Windows 11. It will protect all passwords stored on your computer which will enhance the privacy of your computer in Windows 11. If you have any issue with your system then you may visit our NSS Laptop Service Center and if you'd like to ask us, please do so in the comments below.