Do you also want to know how to find the mac address of the laptop? Then you can take the help of this piece of the article through which you can find the mac address of the laptop. But before we start our main topic do you know what a mac address is?
What Is A Mac Address Of A Laptop?
The full form of Mac is media access control. Every device that has a network has the mac address scripted on the device interface card that is inserted into the device. The manufacturer of the device provides this mac address on the device interface card. Mac address is a permanent address that will always remain on your device such as a laptop wifi adapter. It is unchangeable. It is a unique address that can be found in the form of partial numbers code with alphabets which works as a hardware identifier that accesses the Internet
What Is The Need To Check The Mac Address?
There are several uses for Mac addresses that make it necessary to check the Mac address of your device such as -:
· To make the extra security concerns about your device you need to change its settings which is not possible without checking the Mac address.
In wifi router.
· If you want to resolve some computer network-related errors the mac address is required.
· MAc address is essential to identify the other device network.
· Mac address is a series of 12 alphabets and digits which included six pairs in itself.
· It is necessary to make a connection with other local network devices with the help of mac addresses.
· When the device interacts with a router then it opens with the mac address to make or initiate the connection.
· Mac address is located with the IP address.
What Is The Difference Between A Mac Address And An IP Address?
· Mac address is not changeable where IP addresses can be changed.
· An IP address is based on your device location whereas a Mac address is pre-installed into your device.
· An IP address is used to identify the internet network devices all around the world whereas a Mac address is only used in to identify and deal with local networks.
How To Check The Mac Address Of The Laptop?
You can check or find the Mac address of the laptop by following these steps -:
1. By the use of a command prompt
· Turn on your laptop and refresh the main page and go to the taskbar option.
· Search for the command prompt option.
· Open the command prompt page.
· There enter this command -ipconfig.
· This will take you to the page of network configuration.
· On that page find out the column of the physical adapter.
· The series of numbers and alphabet that are listed in the column of the physical adapter is your Mac address.
· Read it and resolve your problem.
Also Read: How To Edit A File On Laptop?
Also Read: How To Clean Laptop Speakers
Note -: If you have older versions of laptops then click on the start button and open the menu list to open the command prompt option.
This is how you can easily find the mac address of your device by the command prompt in minutes. It is the easiest way to check the mac address.
This blog concludes with the procedure of finding the mac address of the laptop. You can check out the mac address of the laptop by following the above-mentioned points