Fixing a Lenovo Laptop Plugged-In Not Charging Issue
Is your Lenovo laptop plugged- into the charger but not charging? If yes, and you want to fix this issue then read this article to know the ways through which you can fix this problem and charge your Lenovo laptop without any problem.
Why the laptop is not charging?
There may be various reasons for the problem through which your laptop suffers and couldn't charge itself. Some of the main reasons for charging issues are listed below -:
· Problem with the charger
· Troubleshooting problems on laptop
· Battery damage
· Lifeless Battery
· If the AC (alternative current ) adapter is not working properly
· If the processor isn't working properly
· System failure etc.
Also Read: Are Macs Good For Gaming
Also Read: How To Increase WIFI Speed In Laptop
How to fix the charging problem in Lenovo laptop?
If your Lenovo laptop is "plugged in with charger but not charging" and the battery life percentage continuously dropping then you can directly use these simple manual methods to resolve this problem -
1. Change the power adapter of the laptop
If the AC or power Adapter of the laptop isn't working properly then it is also a reason for lacking the battery of your laptop. A faulty Adapter leads to a "plugged in not charging" issue. In this case, you have to prefer to change your AC Adapter. Buy an adapter of fine quality. Some common indications of a bad power adapter are the whizzing noise when you plug it into the switch point.
- if the AC adapter is silent, it wouldn't mean that it is not faulty.
- A silent AC Adapter is also has a fault and not compatible with your laptop charging.
To confirm these problems in the AC adapter, try using a different fine-quality AC adapter to charge the Lenovo laptop's battery.
If the new adapter charges your laptop’s battery, then the issue is not from your laptop but the AC adapter that is not charging the laptop properly.
2. Restart or Reboot your Lenovo laptop
Your laptop may have some troubleshooting or system-related problem. In this case, Restart or Reboot your laptop to overcome this issue.
· Turned off your laptop properly.
· Flip your laptop to the backside and remove the battery.
· Unplug and disconnect the AC adapter from the power and the laptop.
· Press and hold the Power button of the laptop for up to 10 seconds.
· Put your battery back into the laptop after some time.
· Plugged in and connect the AC adapter to the laptop and wall socket for power.
· Restart the laptop or reboot it.
· Now check the laptop if it is charging or not.
3. Update the Battery drivers of the laptop
If the battery drivers are outdated then it also leads to charging issues. To update battery drivers follow these simple steps -:
Step 1-Turn on your laptop and Press Windows Key + R to open and Run the dialog box.
Step 2- Open Command prompt page.
Step 3-Type this command devmgmt. msc and press the ENTER button.
Step 4 - Check the Batteries section list on the page.
Step 5 - Then Right-click on the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery option.
Step 6 - Select Uninstall device option from the context menu.
Step 7- select Scan for hardware changes.
Step 8 -Right-click on the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery again.
Step 9 - Click on the Update Driver Software option this time.
Note -: You can also install and use software like DriverFix and Driver easy to regularly update your drivers, so you won’t experience charging issues in the future.
4. Clean the charging port
You can also clean the charging port, sometimes there is dust that settled down inside ports and occurs charging issues.
5. Check the cable and power socket
Check the charger once to whether it is connected to the socket correctly or not. And also check whether there is any breakage into power chords or not. If there is any kind of damage there then fix it from the service center.
Also Read: Lenovo Laptop Service Center In India
This blog concludes with the methods through which you can fix the plugged-in not charging issue in Lenovo laptops.