Hello Friends, hope you are all doing well!
This blog is useful for Acer Laptop users who are unable to browse the internet due to Wi-Fi connectivity problems. This blog will be beneficial for Acer Laptop internet users since it provides them with solutions to fix their Wi-Fi problems.
Here are some of the fixes you need to try for your Acer Laptop before connecting with your Wi-Fi:
WLAN feature has to be turned ON on your laptop
Laptops with newer models enable you to turn on Wi-Fi with a Wi-Fi switch. So try switching ON Wi-Fi by switching on the Laptop. If your laptop Wi-Fi switch is not ON then you have to turn on your Wi-Fi Settings feature in the following way:
1. By pressing the Windows logo key and I on your keyboard at the same time, the Setting app opens
2. Then click Network and Internet
3. Left click on the Wi-Fi and toggle the Wi-Fi button to be ON
4. Then restart your Acer laptop and see whether your Wi-Fi connects and works
If you are searching for an Acer Authorised Laptop Service Center near your place, then you stay at the right place, Here We are sharing a List of Acer Authorised Service Centers in India:-
Delhi | Noida | Ghaziabad | Gurugram | Mumbai | Thane | Navi Mumbai | Kolkata | Vadodara | Ahmedabad | Indore | Dadar | Lucknow | Kolkata | Kota | Faridabad | Dwarka | Nehru Place | Laxmi Nagar | Andheri | Bhopal
Confirm whether your WLAN AutoConfig service is running
The logic requires configuring, discovering, connecting, and disconnecting from a wireless local area network (WLAN) which is done by Wireless Configuration in Windows XP or WLAN AutoConfig service. All the WLAN adapters on your computer won’t work properly if your service is disabled. Therefore your WLAN AutoConfig service should run properly.
Your wireless network adapter should be updated
Your Acer laptop cannot connect to Wi-Fi if your wireless network adapter is missing or corrupted. You should therefore update your wireless network adapter driver to the latest version to prevent network problems.
You can either manually or automatically update your wireless network adapter driver. For manual updating, you have to go to the website and click for network adapter search to download and install the latest version on your laptop. Driver Easy will automatically recognize and find the correct drivers. There is no need for your computer to know what system it is running on nor there is a risk of downloading or installing the wrong driver and neither have you to worry about making mistakes while installing the drivers. Drivers can be updated automatically with either the Free or Pro version of Driver Easy.
Power management settings should be modified
Your wireless network adapter relates to the Wi-Fi performance of the battery power situation as per your Power Management settings. When there is less power in your Acer Laptop it disables your wireless network adapter in order to save power. So you need to check and modify your Power Management settings.
Why is my Acer laptop is not connecting to wifi because the wifi is turned off.
You need to turn on the wifi setting in your laptop. To do this, press WINDOW KEY + LIGHT + P+ R. It will open up a new window where you can turn on the wifi by clicking on the 'Turn WiFi On' button. If you're using Windows 8 or 10, press WINDOW KEY + LIGHT + P (or whatever key is above F8) once and then click on Power Options > Choose what closing happens when I close my screen > Deny > Close or something like that. After that, restart your computer and try connecting again.
Allow Antivirus programs in your Wi-Fi connections
Sometimes your laptop may stop connecting to Wi-Fi due to the antivirus program, therefore you may temporarily turn off the antivirus program on your computer and then try to connect to your Wi-Fi.
Your antivirus program is the culprit if your Acer laptop succeeds in connecting to Wi-Fi. In this case, make sure that you allow your Wi-Fi connection through an antivirus program by making your Wi-Fi connection an exception to antivirus. Please note to re-enable the antivirus program later on.
How to turn on wireless capability on Acer laptop
Press the power button and press the F2 key at the same time.
The BIOS screen will load with a message indicating that you need to use an external mouse or keyboard. Click "Enter" to continue.
Continue entering your BIOS settings until you see a section labeled "Wireless". Click on this section and make sure that it is enabled by clicking on the checkbox next to it. If not, then uncheck and check again until it is enabled.
Once enabled, click OK once more and exit out of the BIOS menu using F10 (or whatever key you have assigned for this purpose).
My Acer laptop won't connect to wifi. I've tried the following:
1. I uninstalled the wifi driver and reinstalled it after making sure that the wired network was enabled.
2. Tried to connect to my own Wifi network, but it says "Network not found" (even though it is).
3. Tried to connect to another Wifi network in my area, but it says "You are not connected to any networks." I've tried this several times, but no matter what I do, it will not connect to any networks.
How to fix Acer no internet connection
Acer has a problem with its internet connectivity. The problem can occur either at home or while on the road. The solution to this problem is very simple, and it is not even difficult to repair.
If you are using your Acer laptop and you are experiencing an internet connection issue, follow these simple steps to fix it:
1. Close all other applications and shut down your computer.
2. Locate the power button on the front of your computer and press it until it turns off completely. This will enable you to reset all hardware components and reboot them back into their normal working state.
3. Once you have done this, restart your computer again and check if there is still an issue with your Acer laptop's internet connection issue, if not then continue on with step 4 below!
4. Access the Control Panel > Network Connections and click View all network connections in the left hand column > Right-click on each network connection that shows up > Properties > Enable Sharing in order for each of these connections to share files over networks (LAN or Internet).
Also Read: Top 5 Acer Laptop Problems and Solution
Connect manually to a wireless network
If the above-mentioned methods are unable to resolve your issue then you can try connecting Wi-Fi manually to your Acer laptop by the following steps:
1. Go to Control Panel
2. Click on “Network and Sharing Center” by clicking on the small icon of view.
3. Then set up a new connection or network
4. Then select manually connect to a wireless network and click next
5. The required information should be entered such as network name, security type, and security key. Then check the box to start the connection automatically by clicking next.
6. In order to finish the process follow the on-screen instructions.
These are the 6 steps to fix Acer Laptop which is unable to connect to Wi-Fi.
Read Also: How to Take Care of Your Laptop in Summer
How to fix Acer swift wifi not working issue.
1. Make sure that the device is connected to the internet and that it has enough battery life.
2. Make sure that you are running the latest version of Windows 10 on your PC.
3. Uninstall the drivers for the wireless card from Device Manager if they are installed, and then restart your computer.
4. Check if there are any updates available for your wireless adapter in Device Manager and install them if necessary.
5. If you have recently installed or updated applications, check if they have been updated as well and update them as necessary to avoid any issues with your network connection
If you are facing Acer swift wifi not working issue, then it is a serious problem. This is because your device will not be able to connect to a Wi-Fi network. You can check if your device is connected to Wi-Fi by using the Wi-Fi connection test app from Google Play Store. If your Acer swift wifi, not working issue has been troubling you for a while, then it is time to get it resolved. There are several ways in which you can fix this problem. If you want to take control of the situation, then follow the instructions given below:
First, make sure that your Acer swift 3 wifi connection is working properly. You can check this by going to the settings page and checking whether or not there are any updates available for your device. You should also check whether or not there are any apps running on your device that may be using up too much space on your internal storage. If so, then uninstall them and see if that helps with the issue at hand. If these steps do not work for you, then try restarting your computer or restarting all apps on your device. This might solve the problem as well since apps will sometimes hang up when they have been running for too long without being used again, a common issue with the Acer Swift 3 WIFI. If you're having trouble with your Acer Swift 3 wifi, check out these troubleshooting tips before contacting us for help.
The Acer Predator WiFi is not working because of some problems with the router. The steps to fix this problem are:
1. Make sure that the router has a strong signal and the ethernet cable is connected to the router properly.
2. Make sure that there are no other devices connected to your device, including another PC or laptop.
3. Make sure that all other devices are turned off and disconnected from the network, including wireless routers and modems, etcetera
The reasons behind Wifi not working on Acer laptop
- Most of the times, when you are using your laptop, you will find that it is having problems with Wifi. Even if you have a good internet connection, the problem could be in your router or the Wifi card installed in your computer. There are many steps you can take to solve this issue and here are some of them:
- Checking the network card. You need to check whether there are any problems with the network card. If it is not working properly then replace it with an updated one.
- Checking your router. Make sure that there is no problem in the router because if that is so then you will have to know how to fix it as well as what type of router do you use?
- Reinstalling Windows 10 or Windows 8/8/1 operating system. This may work for some people but we suggest not doing this because it can cause more problems in case something goes wrong during installation process or after installation process has finished.
The first thing to try if you're having wifi issues is restarting your laptop. This will clear up most problems and can be done from the power button or by pressing and holding down the power button for 10 seconds. If this doesn't fix the problem, try unplugging your computer for a few minutes and then plugging it back in again.
How to turn on the wifi on an Acer laptop windows 10
1. Download and install the Network Connectivity Assistant from Microsoft. You can get it from here.
2. Open the program and select “Network Connectivity Assistant” from the menu bar.
3. Click on the “Open Scan Now” button and wait for a few seconds for Network Connectivity Assistant to scan your system for available wireless networks around you. If you are able to connect to a Wi-Fi network, you have successfully turned on the Wi-Fi connection in your Acer Laptop Windows 10.
By following these steps You can resolve How to turn on the wifi on an Acer laptop windows 10
Step 1: Go to the control panel and click on the Network and Sharing Center icon.
Step 2: Click on the icon for "Set up a new connection or network."
Step 3: Select the "Manually" option from the dropdown menu. Click next, then follow any instructions that appear on your screen (if prompted).
Step 4: Once you have completed this step, go back to step 2 and follow the same steps as before, but select "Automatic" instead of manual.
When you connect your laptop to a wireless network, it will automatically search for available networks and display their names. If you want to see the list of available networks again, just click on the Network icon in the notification area.
Reasons why Acer laptop wont connect to internet
There are many reasons why your Acer laptop won't connect to the internet. The most common reason is that there is a problem with the device's wireless card, which could be broken or not working properly. If you're using an Ethernet cable, then it may be that your ethernet port is not working properly.
Acer laptop wifi card not working
You can also check if it's a problem with the antennae of your Acer laptop wifi card. You can do this by disconnecting the device from power and plugging in a different USB cable into the same port. If this works, then you know that it's not a problem with the cable itself but rather with another device connected to your computer.
Acer laptop ethernet port not working
If none of these methods work, then you'll need to check whether there is any physical damage to your computer. This includes checking all connections between your computer and other devices as well as checking for dust or debris inside both devices.
How to Turn On wifi on Acer laptop windows 10
Step 1: Open Control Panel from the Windows 10 taskbar or Start menu search box.
Step 2: Click on the Network and Internet option from Control Panel.
Step 3: Now select Wi-Fi from the left pane and then click on it in the right pane to turn it on or off.
Why does my Acer laptop keep disconnecting from WIFI
In this post, we will be discussing the top reasons Why does my Acer laptop keep disconnecting from WIFI.
1. The interference of other wireless devices in your area can affect the performance of your Acer laptop. Make sure that your wireless router is located in a central location and away from sources of interference such as fireplaces, fans, and other electronics.
2. If you're using a laptop with a built-in camera that uses Bluetooth, like a Chromebook Pixel or ASUS VivoBook S550CA, be sure to disable Bluetooth or turn it off when not in use so that it doesn't interfere with your wireless network connection.
3. If you are experiencing issues with your Acer laptop connecting to the Internet or if the Wi-Fi icon appears grayed out, try resetting your device by following these steps: press and hold down on the power button for 10 seconds to turn off the device carefully remove the battery/AC adapter carefully press down on both sides of the touchscreen until they click then press down once again until they click release all buttons carefully remove any attached storage devices (iCloud Drive or Google Drive) carefully press down on both sides of the touchscreen until they click release all buttons.
The most common cause of Why does my Acer laptop keep disconnecting from WIFI? is the installation of the wrong driver for your laptop. In this case, you need to uninstall the driver and reinstall it again.
If you are using Windows 10 or Windows 8, then you should use an Ethernet cable to connect your laptop to the internet.
The second reason is that your laptop has a faulty wireless card. You can check if there are any wireless connection issues by connecting your laptop with another computer and checking whether the network connection works properly or not.
If your laptop has an older version of the Windows operating system, then you should update it as soon as possible so that your system will be compatible with modern wifi standards.
We hope this blog will be useful to Acer Laptop users who face frequent Wi-Fi connectivity problems. We hope that the steps or methods mentioned in this blog will help in resolving the Wi-Fi-related problems of Acer Laptop users.