Hot summer starts in April and ends in June. April is here, which means hot summers are also round the corner to make you sweaty, and your laptop becomes heated, so you all need to be prepared not only for yourself but for your system too. You all need to be very discreet while working on your laptop so that your companion laptop will have a long life.
2020 was the hardest year for everyone. Coronavirus disease changed the lifestyle of elders and children. People started working from home, and students began taking lessons from their homes, and this was feasible only with the support of laptops. During the pandemic, laptops were proved as one of the most beneficial gadgets. Working from home is also becoming increasingly popular nowadays, and people are working from the comfort of their homes only with the help of laptops which means they must treat their laptops with care as a newborn baby. A newborn needs special care from which parents can bring out the best in them. The same procedure goes for the laptop. It also needs care so that you all work efficiently.
Companies that provide the services to operate the laptops suddenly become in demand, and they start making a profit as the laptops start giving trouble to people due to excessive heat, and it becomes impossible for them to work on their laptops.
Furthermore, in the article, readers will get detailed information about how to take care of laptops in hot summer. Don’t skip the article in between, or you skip important information regarding the tips to take care of the laptops during summer.
Why Do Laptops Start Troubling in Summers?
When computers get invented, they had many parts such as a monitor, mouse, keyboard, and CPU(Central Processing Unit), but after some years, laptops came into the market, and people refused to use computers and started buying laptops as computers took a lot of space to get adjusted on the other hand laptops got adjusted in little space and carried anywhere. A laptop does all the work that a computer does. Just imagine in your mind how the parts are packed together into it.
Laptops produce a lot of heat on their own. When you work on laptops, heat gets produced. Its fan tries to work and reduce the effect of the heat, but sometimes it goes in vain because the air around the laptops is hot, and it becomes hard to cool down the additional heat of the laptops.
Another reason is that many people cannot afford to buy an air conditioner and work in a hot environment due to the fact that laptops produce heat and start troubling in summer.Don't leave your laptops in the car as the heat of the car can melt the delicate parts of the laptops.
Also Read : How to Stop System Data Usage in Windows 10
What Happens When Laptops Produce Heat?
When the laptop produces heat it does not mean it will blast or your device has some fault. It will just not work properly and these things happen to it.
● When you work on your laptop, it starts producing heat and shuts down in between unexpectedly. There are chances that you may lose the progress of your work.
● When you work on your laptop, it starts working slowly suddenly.
● When you work on your laptop, the battery of the laptop may expand.
● When you work on your laptop, it does not function properly.
● When you work on your laptop, it hangs in the middle of the work.
● When you work on your laptop, the hard disks of laptops expand.
These all things can be controlled just by following some great tips to keep your laptops away from damage and make them function properly. Here is a list of tips for those people who want to know how to take care of a laptop during summer:-
● Prevent your laptop from direct sunlight
● Try to avoid leaving the laptops in cars
● Do not put laptops on beds, couches, or sofas while working
● Install the applications of the heat processor
● Clean the fans of the laptops.
● Give a break to your laptop
● Do not put pressure on the CPU
● Buy laptop cooling pads
● Do not put your laptops on your lap.
● Do not use the laptops for any purpose
● Use laptops in air-conditioned areas
● Buy heat-protected laptop covers
● Put your laptops on a flat surface
● Clear the background application
● Charge the laptop fully
● Pay attention to your device
● Don't place your laptop where the liquid is kept
● Don't place your laptops where the eatables are kept
● Work with clean hands
● Clean the laptops with an old toothbrush
● Close the laptop properly
● Carry the laptop properly
● Update & restart
Some Excellent Tips to Handle The Laptop in Summer
● Prevent your laptop from direct sunlight:- Hot summer means hot everywhere, and the scorching heat of sunlight is also there, so try to work in that area of your home where the sunlight can't touch your laptop and is cooler than other parts of your home. If sunlight touches your laptop, it will damage the battery and hard disk of your laptop. Although the fans inside the laptops can only blow out the air inside them, external heat can't be blown out, so it is advisable to hinder your laptop from direct sunlight, otherwise, it can work as a poison for your laptops and kill them.
● Try to avoid leaving the laptops in cars:- When we drive, cars produce heat, and many times, sunlight also reaches the laptops with the help of car windows, so try not to carry laptops, or in case you need to carry your laptop, turn them off and cover them so that sunlight can't touch it so that further damage can be avoided. The heat of the car can melt the delicate parts of the laptops, so it is advisable not to carry your laptop in cars.
● Do not put laptops on beds, couches, or sofas while working:- Many people don't know that while working they should not put the laptop on beds, couches or sofas. They make this huge mistake every day while working, which causes damage to their laptop. The mattresses of the couches, sofas and beds have fat cotton, which doesn't provide much space to blow the air by the fan located inside the keyboard plate of the laptops as this fat cotton blocks the area for the air due to which heat doesn't get the way out, and laptop starts producing more heat, so it is advisable not to place your laptop on those places which have fat cotton.
● Install the applications of the heat processor:- There is a great function in Macbook that other laptops don't have. The person who invented the Macbook built a feature failsafe to protect them from heating problems. It means that the device automatically shuts down whenever it reaches unsafe temperatures, so it is much easier to tell when the device produces more heat. Everyone cannot afford a Macbook laptop as they are very expensive, but don't worry there are many applications available that can check the temperature of the laptops and make the users aware. In case, you want to sleep or do some other work, but don't want to shut down your laptop so that you will not lose your work progress to notify, you can set a pop-up message that will save your laptop from reaching an unsafe temperature, so it is advisable to install the applications that can hinder the heat in the laptop before it is too late.
Also Read : Laptop Repair Cost in India: 3 Factors to Decide if it's Worthwhile or Not
● Clean the fans of the laptops:- Everyone is not professional, but if you are then you can clear the fans of your laptops. It will help you to clean the dust and dirt. After cleaning, the fan of the laptop will run fast and cool down the heat. This will help you to work on your laptop properly, so it is advisable to clean the fans of your laptop timely to hinder the dust in your laptop.
● Give a break to your laptop:- Working regularly on laptops without giving any break may affect its functions. Machines also need rest like human beings so that they work properly. Forgiving rest to your laptops, put them on sleep mode or shut them down. Like this, They will cool down and increase work efficiency, so it is advisable to use your laptop by giving it a break.
● Do not put pressure on the CPU:- Take the responsibility of not pressuring the CPU of the laptops. CPU stands for Central Processing Unit. It is the brain of the laptop that saves applications, data, files, presentations etc. The human brain also has a limit to storing information. If we pressurize it by storing unnecessary information then it slows down the process of thinking and working due to which the human brain feels inactive and doesn't produce good results. The same goes for the CPU. If we pressurize it by storing useless applications, data, files and presentations, then it will start giving you trouble, shut down unexpectedly and slow down the speed, so it is advisable to avoid storing unnecessary information in your laptop to work efficiently.
● Buy laptop cooling pads:- If you are a continuous laptop user then you need to buy a cooling laptop pad that cools down the heat of the system. Cooling pads help the laptops keep away the heat and provide them relaxation, so it is advisable to buy cooling pads for the laptops to reduce the effect of heat.
● Do not put your laptops on your lap:- Many people don't know that while working they should not put their laptops on their lap. They make this huge mistake every day while working, which blocks the space for the air to enter, and laptops start producing heat, so it is advisable not to use the laptop on your lap while working.
● Do not use laptops without any purpose:- Do you know that a laptop works more than a human being as all the work is done on a laptop now. Coronavirus forced everyone to work on laptops as there was a lockdown in the entire world so everyone started working from home. People started working from home, and students began taking lessons from their homes, and this was feasible only with the support of laptops. Working from home is also becoming increasingly popular nowadays, and people are working from the comfort of their homes only with the help of laptops which means they are using laptops more and above that if they use laptops without any purpose certainly it will affect the speed of the device. If you want to watch a movie or play games then do these activities on your smartphone, so it is advisable not to use the laptop unnecessarily so that your device can have a long life.
● Use laptops in air-conditioned areas:- It is certain that every family cannot afford an air conditioner but in case you have an air conditioner at your home, it is advisable to work on the laptop in that room of your house. If you don’t have air conditioning at your home then no need to worry you can also search for a cooler area in your home and work there on your laptop peacefully.
● Buy heat-protected laptop covers:- To protect your laptop from the enemy heat you need to buy heat-protected laptop covers, so it is advisable not to buy ordinary laptop covers. If you give long life to your laptop then don't be stingy and spend money on heat-protected laptop covers.
● Put your laptops on a flat surface:- Many people don't know that while working they should put their laptops on a flat surface. They make this huge mistake every day while working and reduce the life of the laptop. This causes heat in the laptop and doesn't provide space for air to enter the laptop, so it is advisable to use your laptop on a flat surface.
● Clear the background application:- If you leave the applications running on your laptop, then please stop doing this to save your laptop from overheating, so it is advisable to clear the background applications when not in use.
● Charge the laptop fully:- Charge your laptop fully, don't take out the charger in between in case your laptop is not fully charged, or it can affect the life of the battery and overheat the system, so it is advisable not to unplug the charger if the laptop is not fully charged.
Also Read : How Much Does It Cost To Fix A Laptop Screen In India? 7 DIY Solutions May Save You Some Fortune
● Pay attention to your device:- People often have the tendency to leave their laptops on charging for a long duration of 3 to 4 hours, and it leads to overheating. Laptops get charged fully in an hour, so it is advisable to charge them for an hour, not for three or four hours.
● Don't place your laptop where the liquid is kept:- Use your laptop where things like moisturizer, creams, Dettol, and savlon are placed while working. By mistake they can get placed on your laptop and damage it, so it is advisable to work in empty places.
● Don't place your laptops where the eatables are kept:-Use your laptop where the eatables are placed while working. By mistake they can get placed on your laptop and damage it, so it is advisable to work in empty places.
● Work with clean hands:- It is obvious if you work on your computer after lunch then wash your hands if you will not wash your hands and start working on your laptop then the spots of oil certainly damage your laptop, so it is advisable to wash your hands before start working on the laptop.
● Clean the laptops with an old toothbrush:- Clean the parts of the laptop regularly with an old toothbrush so that air makes space to cool down the heat which gets produced in the laptop, so it is advisable to clean the laptops with an old toothbrush.
● Close the laptop properly:- When you complete your work on the laptop and are about to close your laptop make sure there are no clips, pen, pencil, or eraser on the keyboard it may break keys on the board, so it is advisable to close the laptop carefully.
● Carry the laptop properly:- Carry your laptop with the base so that it does not get broken into pieces.
● Update & restart:- From time to time new features of the laptop are updated, so it is advisable to update your laptop regularly to work more effectively.
Also Read : Cost To Repair Laptop Keyboard ? What to do if the Laptop keys are not working? (100 Percent Best Guide)
I advise all the people to follow these tips who want to make their laptops heat-free. You don’t need to become professional to follow these points, just be careful with your laptop while following these steps and you will get amazing results.
I hope after reading these steps on the website you all will certainly be able to deal with the problem of heat in your laptops and understand how to take care of your laptops during summer. What are you waiting for? Just start using these tips to take care of your laptop during summer.