Is your Acer laptop plugged- into the charger but not charging? If yes, and you want to fix this issue, read this article to learn how to improve this problem and charge your Acer laptop without any problem.
What are the causes of the laptop not charging?
There may be various reasons for the laptop not charging. Some of the main reasons for setting causes are listed below -:
· Problem with the charger
· Troubleshooting problems on the laptop
· Battery damage
· Lifeless Battery
· If the AC (alternative current ) adapter is not working properly
· If the processor isn't working properly
· Outdated software or drivers
· System failure, etc.
How do you fix the charging problem in the Acer laptop?
If your Acer laptop is "plugged in with charger but not charging" and the battery life percentage continuously dropping down, then you can directly use these simple manual methods to resolve this problem -
1. Restart or Reboot your Acer laptop
Your laptop may have some troubleshooting or system-related problems. In this case, Restart or Reboot your computer to overcome this issue.
· Turn off your laptop correctly.
· Flip your laptop to the backside and remove the battery.
· Unplug and disconnect the AC adapter from the power and the laptop.
· Press and hold the laptop's Power button for up to 10 seconds.
· Put your battery back into the laptop after some time.
· Plugged in and connected the AC adapter to the laptop and wall socket for power.
· Restart the laptop or reboot it.
Now check the laptop to see if it is charging or not.
Also Read: Acer Laptop Screen Repair & Replacement Cost
Also Read: How to Fix the Acer Laptop Startup Problem?
2. Change the power adapter of the laptop
If the AC or power adapter of the laptop isn't working correctly, it is also a reason your laptop's battery is lacking your laptop's. A faulty Adapter leads to a "plugged in, not charging" issue. In this case, you have to prefer to change your AC Adapter. Buy an adapter of acceptable quality. One common indication of a wrong power adapter is the whizzing noise when you plug it into the switch point.
- if the AC adapter is silent, it doesn't mean it is not faulty.
- A silent AC adapter also has a fault incompatible with your laptop charging.
To confirm these problems in the AC adapter, try using a different fine-quality AC adapter to charge the Acer laptop's battery.
If the new adapter charges your laptop's battery, the issue is not from your computer but the AC adapter that does not set the laptop properly.
3. Update the Battery drivers of the laptop
If the battery drivers are outdated, then charging issues also arise. To update battery drivers, follow these simple steps -:
Step 1-Turn on your laptop and Press Windows Key + R to open and Run the dialog box.
Step 2- Open the Command prompt page.
Step 3-Type this command devmgmt. MSC and press the ENTER button.
Step 4 - Check the Batteries section list on the page.
Step 5 - Right-click on the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery option.
Step 6 - Select the Uninstall device option from the context menu.
Step 7- select Scan for hardware changes.
Step 8 -Right-click on the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery again.
Step 9 - Click on the Update Driver Software option this time.
Note -: You can also install and use software like DriverFix and Driver to regularly update your drivers, so you won't experience charging issues in the future.
4. Clean the laptop port properly
You can also clean the charging port; sometimes, dust settles inside ports and causes charging issues.
5. Check the chord
Check the charger once to see whether it is connected to the wall socket correctly or not. Also, check whether there is any breakage into power chords or not. If there is any damage, then fix it at the service center.
Also Read: Acer Service Center Noida
Also Read: NSS Laptop Repair Center In Bhopal
This blog concludes with the methods to fix the plugged-in, non-charging issue in Acer laptops.