How to Fix USB not detected Flash Port Drive: 100 Percent Resolved
Is your PC not detecting the USB flash drive? And wanted to know How to Repair a USB Flash Drive? Read the full article to get all your answers. The thing you want to know about is right here. So get ready with patience and here we go. Whoops!! What is this? How to Fix USB Undetected Flash Port Drive!
Is it happening with you too? Yes for sure, that's why you are here. So don't worry, let's end this problem! Together.
Before beginning with How to Fix USB Undetected Flash Port Drive, we should first know why this issue with USB drives is becoming very common worldwide. The answer to this lies in our ways of using it. Some of us use it clumsily in such a manner that it ends up broken and when we try to plug it into our computers, we face the problem of “USB flash drive not detected”. Every device has its durability but exceeding it always leads to problems.
Earlier there were no such devices and people used to make a handwritten record of their data and preserve it. If they lost their data, they used to create another set of handwritten documents, which was very time taking. But with the growing world of technology and inventions, we came up with this compact data storage and data transferring device called USB flash drive/Pendrive.
Undetectable USB flash drives are now available in the market. The technology is so advanced and sophisticated that it is difficult to detect these drives with ordinary methods. So, if you want to store your private files in an undetectable USB drive, you can use this technology.
Here is how to format undetected Pendrive, USB:
Step 2: In the new window that opens up, select "NTFS" as the file system for your drive and give it a name if needed. Click on “Start” to begin formatting your USB drive.
Now, In this fastest growing world of technology, nobody has the time to hold a handbook of records and travel with it. Nowadays, for storing data and transferring it from one device to the other the most commonly used tool all over the world is the USB drive/Pendrive. It is compact and easy to carry anywhere and stores data according to its limit. But as we all know, a device works according to its configuration, and sometimes it may cause several problems in accessing your files and data. The article talks about How to Fix USB Undetected Flash Port Drive without any trouble.
The most common problem associated with it is USB FLASH DRIVE NOT RECOGNISED. So here arise several questions: Is the USB drive broken? Is the USB drive repairable? What causes such a problem? How to Fix USB Undetected Flash Port Drive?
Several reasons behind not recognizing USB Flash drive on the computer:
● Issues regarding port: In order to know whether it is a port-related issue or not. One needs to test all the USB ports he/she has in their system with different flash drives. It will help in knowing the exact issue. And if it is a port-related issue, then it could be either a hardware or software issue or both. To rectify it, you need a professional as it is very delicate to handle and must be used and processed wisely.
● Issues of USB Formatting: This issue only occurs when you have not formatted the drive correctly before the first use. So always remember to do so otherwise you may face problems later on. When we format the USB drive, it works more efficiently.
● Issues related to Hard-drive: An imperfection or an unexpected defect in a machine's hard drive will not permit anything on its work in a proper way. This is a hardware issue that needs to be rectified as soon as possible because it will slow down the functioning of the computer.
● Issues related to Operating System: Sometimes not updating the operating system with necessary updates may cause problems like not recognizing the USB Flash drive. In order to solve the problem, it can only be solved by updating your operating system with essential components.
Read Also: How to Clear Cache in Windows 10 Using Run
How to Fix USB Not Detected Flash Port Drive?
Depending upon the root cause of the problem you may follow any one of the methods or all of them. Five methods to resolve the issue of undetected USB Flash drive on the computer. How to Fix USB Not Detected Flash Port Drive:-
The method of scanning the USB drive is simple. Just follow the simple steps given below.
- Insert the flash drive into the USB port of your computer or laptop.
- Go to my computer and right-click on the flash drive and click on properties.
- A window will appear with the tool tab option.
- Now left-click on the tools tab and click on check now.
- It will take some time to complete the scan and once completed, you will get to know the exact problem with the flash drive.
- After going to my computer, right-click on the flash drive.
- Now click on format, and the format window will appear on the screen.
- Now under the file system range it is in between NTFS and FAT32. Now click start.
Read Also: How to Stop System Data Usage in Windows 10
METHOD (3): Updating driver
Open the RUN command and type the name of the program folder in MSC (devmgmt.msc). Click ok.
- After performing the 1st step, the Device Manager will open. Now search for a universal serial Bus controller.
- Expand its menu and right-click on the Generic USB hub.
- Now click on update driver software.
- Click on the control panel icon and then click on system and security.
- Go to the windows update section and click on check for updates.
- If it is showing new updates then update it accordingly.
- Click on the control panel and then system and security.
- Choose administrative tools and then computer management.
- Locate your drive and right-click on the drive.
- Select change drive letter and paths, now click And then OK.
- Click on the first drive letter to assign it to your flash drive.
- Right-click on the drive again in order to check if it is online.
Hope these methods have answered your question i.e. How to Fix USB Undetected Flash Port Drive. Now let's look at some preventive measures for your USB flash drive.
Note- Your flash drive may not read if its USB cable or port is damaged. If your flash drive is still on but won't read, try another USB port on the computer to see if the issue is with the port or flash drive. And you have to go for a flash drive fix trip to the service center. It may not be reading because it has been formatted for a different operating system. Formatting the drive will erase any data you have stored on it, so make sure that all-important files have been saved before you format the drive.
Also Read: How To Make A USB Bootable
HOW TO INCREASE USB FLASH DRIVE DURABILITY?
Now here are some tips to increase the lifetime of USB so that next time you don't need to search How to Fix USB Undetected Flash Port Drive:
● Protection from physical damage or loss is mandatory as if it gets damaged you will have to buy a new one. In order to avoid damage, handle it gently as they are not meant to endure tremendous pressure and rough treatment.
● Remove the drive when not in use as when you leave it in the USB slot the operating system regularly checks it and this wears on the drive.
● Don't edit files on the USB drive directly.
● Do not defragment your drive. If you are doing that then you are slowly killing your drive as defrag is a write operation that wears your drive out.
● Last but not the least, keep it away from water.
How to Fix USB Thumb Drive
The most common reason for a USB thumb drive not working properly is that it has been corrupted. There are several ways this can happen, but the most common is from using the wrong file system on the drive. Many people find themselves with a corrupted thumb drive after using Windows 7 or 8 to format the drive. The problem is that these systems typically use NTFS as their default filesystem, which requires you to use a certain type of formatting tool.
In order to know How to fix an unrecognized USB drive, we need to make sure that the problem is not with our operating system or host computer.
We can do this by trying another computer and another USB port. If the same thing happens, then the problem lies with our USB drive and not with the host computer.
We can easily fix this problem by reinstalling drivers for it in Windows. This can be done in two ways:
• The first method is using Device Manager, which is a part of the Control Panel in Windows. It allows you to view all hardware devices that are currently connected to your computer, including unrecognized drives. You can use Device Manager to reinstall drivers for any device that has driver issues.
• The second method is using Disk Management in Windows 10/8/7/XP (Windows Vista does not include disk management). This allows you to view all disks connected to your computer and even create partitions on them if needed.
How to Recover Files from Unrecognized USB Flash Drives
The first thing to do is try and check if the USB drive actually has any files on it. Not all USB flash drives are necessarily empty, and there may just be a few files or even folders that can be recovered. To do this, insert the USB drive into an empty USB slot on your computer or laptop. Then open 'My Computer' and navigate through to the USB drive itself.
Also Read: How to Stop System Data Usage in Windows 10
How to Find an Undetected Flash Drive
There are a few ways to locate an undetected flash drive on a computer. The most common way is to use a free flash drive finder software program. This software will search the entire hard drive for hidden files and folders that were created by the flash drive.
Another option is to use a file recovery program, which can scan the entire disk for deleted files, even if they have been overwritten by new data. If you have deleted sensitive data from your flash drive, this may be the best method for recovering it.
If you have physical access to the computer, one method is to use a Linux Live CD or USB with Hiren's Boot CD on it. You can then run the programs listed below in order to find any hidden files or folders created by your flash drive:
Flash drives are one of the most popular forms of data storage, but they're also extremely fragile. If you've got a flash drive that's not working, you can usually fix it on your own. Here's what to do if your flash drive is not working:
5 USB flash drive problems
1. Too small.
2. Wrong file format support.
3. Slow transfer speed avg.
4. Lost or broken USB flash drive and no backup.
5. Data loss because of the USB flash drive corrupted
How to Fix USB Flash Drive Not Working Issues
If you're having problems with your USB flash drive, here are some of the most common reasons and how to fix the flash drive.
Install the Latest Driver Your computer may not be able to detect your device because its driver is out-of-date or corrupted. To fix this problem, you need to download and install the latest driver for your product from its manufacturer's website. You'll usually find it on their support page or under a "drivers" section in their downloads section.
Run a Virus Scanner
Your USB drive might not be working because it has been infected with viruses or malware. In order to fix this problem, you need to run a virus scan using an antivirus program like Windows Defender or Avast Antivirus and remove any viruses that were found on your device. You can also try using another computer to check whether it works properly there before running a virus scan on your laptop/desktop PC as well, and then see if there is any improvement after removing any threats detected by the scanner software after scanning with it again after fixing any issues reported by Windows Defender/Avast Antivirus when trying to open files stored.
The easiest way to fix a broken USB flash drive is to take it to a repair service And take it to a professional USB flash drive repair service.
- USB flash drives are one of the most popular forms of media for storing data, but they're also prone to failure. If your USB stick has stopped working, you may need to take it in for repair.
- The good news is that there are plenty of companies that specialize in fixing USB drives. Some of these services are even available locally, so you won't have to wait long before getting your device back.
- Flash drive is a small and portable device that can be used to store and transfer data. It uses flash memory, which is the same technology that is used in MP3 players and digital cameras.
- Flash drives are very popular because they are easy to use, reliable, and fast. They have become so popular that they can be found in all types of devices such as laptops, desktops, tablets, and even mobile phones.
A flash drive repair service is an important part of any business as it helps to prevent data loss or damage due to malfunctioning flash drives. And a computer repair flash drive service is needed.
There are many reasons why you may need to get your flash drive repaired or replaced. Some common reasons include:
- The device doesn’t work at all after being plugged into a laptop or desktop computer
- The device doesn’t work properly when trying to transfer data from one computer to another via a USB port, sometimes you need professionals to fix the USB port on the laptop.
- The USB port has become damaged due to repeated plugging in and out of devices without proper care.
- There is no proper flash drive repair company. These things are repaired at certified service centers by professionals.
You can fix USB memory by telling your computer to forget the device, then adding it again. Sign in to Windows. Open the Start screen. Click the All apps button. Right-click Computer, and then click Manage. In the Computer Management window, open Disk Management. Right-click the USB memory drive, and then click Remove the disk. When prompted, click Yes to confirm that you want to remove the disk. Right-click the USB memory drive in Disk Management again on the Disks list, and then click Add disk. If a message appears asking whether you are sure you want to repartition this drive, click Yes. A new partition is created on what was previously unallocated space on your hard drive; Windows formats it as NTFS automatically. Now you're ready to use your USB memory drive. We may have encountered one of these situations: The USB has not been plugged in; the power cable is damaged or loose; the system is in sleep mode and the flash stick is not detected after turning on, or the system's hardware configuration does not support USB 3.0.
How to Fix USB Drive
You should be able to fix the USB drive if it doesn't work. First, you should make sure the USB drive is not corrupt. If corruption exists in your system, you should try to find a tool for recovery and run it at once. Once all data is recovered, you can try to format your USB flash drive with the NTFS file system or FAT32 file system. And please remember that formatting a USB flash drive will delete all data from it permanently so make sure that you have backed-up all important documents before formatting. When you format your USB flash drive, maybe your PC does not recognize it as a USB-Storage device anymore. But don't worry! Use a tool called 'USBDeview' that allows users to control their device drivers easily. It will help you to find the right place where the driver of the USB flash drive has been installed by Windows into the registry.'
How do you fix an undetected flash drive?
You can use the toolkit to fix an undetected flash drive. The toolkit includes a diskpart command, which you can use to format your flash drive in case it's not showing up on any devices. Just right-click it and choose Format and make sure Quick Format is chosen and hit start.
Looking for a flash Drive repair service?
Oh no, you just found out your flash drive broke and all of your files are gone! Here's what you can do: Go to www.nsslaptopservicecenter.com and see if we can help. Our friendly customer service agents will get back to you quickly so that we can try to recover your files for you. And if we're not able to recover your data, don't worry - we'll give you a 100% refund! Also sometimes a flash drive snapped caused by a bent and it will damage or break the flash drive.
Since USB(Universal serial bus) came into run it took all over the market because of its specifications and capabilities to store and handle data. In other words, made users access the data in such a manner that it can be used to transfer data from one device to another but also store it safely. However, USB cables and USB drives not only provided an elevation to the technical field but also made the work of memory transfer and data storage more efficient. This device is economically feasible and easily accessible. It is a very compact device and thus needs to be kept safe from any physical damage. However, these devices are not meant to endure pressure or rough handling otherwise they may cause problems like those mentioned above. Therefore, be aware of your own devices as well as their uses. Handle them properly and make the most out of them.
Hope the above article has answered your question about How to Fix the USB Not Detected Flash Port Drive. If the problem persists, then the only way left is to run to a service center. But trusted service centers are hard to find. NSS Laptop Service Center provides the best repair and service for laptops with a warranty. So whether you are facing the same issue as discussed above or any other matter relating to the Computer, we provide service for all.