Is your laptop working slowly and consuming more battery and slow speed of laptops affect the productivity of your work? If yes, then there may be a reason for excessive data consumption on your laptop.
There are various reasons behind more data consumption on laptops, and some of the main reasons are listed here -:
Many apps and software on your laptop or PC are not useful and usable for you. They only take up a lot of space on the memory card and continuously run from the internet on the laptop which is one of the reasons for the excessive data usage on the laptop. That's why it is essential to remove or set limits on these unnecessary apps and software applications from laptops.
To remove or set data limit on these unusable software applications and apps follow these steps-:
1. Turn on your laptop.
2. Refresh the window page.
3. Make a list of the apps and software that your laptop has.
4. Check the apps which are recently and always used by you as well as make a list of unusable apps.
5. Select unusable apps one by one and uninstall them by right click on your laptop.
6. Now the selected unused apps will install and your laptop becomes able to work faster.
This is how you can easily maintain the speed of your laptop with less data consumption.
Junk and cache files occupied so much space on your laptop without knowing. And became residual permanent data that affects your laptop speed and leads to more data consumption.
You have to download some third-party apps to clear all the viruses and delete all junk and cache files from your laptop to make your laptop faster.
Note-: Windows Defender, security scan applications are one of the best options you can pick to remove junk and cache files.
Web browsing is one of the major reasons for more data consumption. Some internet sites consume more data. So, make a data limit for them. You can also Clear your web browser history for lesser consumption of data. Web browser history takes up memory space in the form of cache files and becomes a breaker in the speed of the laptop and consumes more data.
To clean web browser history from the web browser to make your laptop faster follow these simple steps:-
• clean browser history from Google Chrome
1. Open www.google.chrome.in on your laptop.
2. Select the setting icon with three-dot from the browser page.
3. Click on the "clear browser history" option.
4. Select the time of web histories such as last hour, last day, or last week.
5. Click on the clear recent browser history option.
6. After clearing, Refresh the page.
you can clear all the cookies or data that occupied a lot of space in your laptop memory. You can also delete web browser history from popular browsers like internet explorer, Yahoo, Google, etc to make your laptop faster with less data consumption.
With the deletion of unused software and Apps from your laptop, you have to give limited MB to the remaining less used Apps and software to run within a limit on your laptop when the laptop is turned on.
To run this less-used app within restricted limits look at its procedure-:
1. Click on the "task manager" tool option on a windows 10 laptop.
2. To directly access the task manager option on the window panel you can press Ctrl+Shift+Esc on the keyboard of the laptop.
3. A tab pops up on your laptop display that views all the software and apps that your laptop has.
4. To limit less used software or apps click on the right edge and check the details of the application.
5. Click on the "change limit "option to change the limit of that app.
6. Refresh your laptop after changing the limit.
This is how you can easily restrict unused apps to running within the limit and consume fewer data.
Also Read: How To Stop Data Usage In Windows
Also Read: How To Stop Auto Update In Windows
This article concludes with the steps through which you can make your laptop limited data consumable.