How To Fix A Water-Damaged Keyboard?
Let’s learn about how to fix a laptop with water damage. It’s quite a common question that can a laptop with water damage be repaired? Yes, certainly it is possible to fix a laptop with water damage but how to repair a laptop from water damage needs to be learned.
Guys, before providing any knowledge about whether is it possible to fix water damaged laptop I would like to inform you about the best laptop service center if you are looking for the best laptop service center in your area or its nearby regions then please call NSS Laptop Service Center at +91-9717150098. NSS Laptop Service Center deals in all the parts and brands of the laptop such as Apple, HP, Lenovo, Asus, Acer, Samsung, HCL, and Dell.
Ram is an engineer who works from home. Today also he started working on his laptop and guess what happened he spilled a mug of water on his laptop’s keyboard as he was drinking water and working on the laptop. He was doing two jobs together and we all know that it is quite dangerous to take water around the laptop as it can get spilled and damage the laptop and the same happened with Ram. Now, he had two choices: either he had to call an IT technician to fix the keyboard or fix the keyboard himself but the question is how to repair a laptop with water damage.
Spilled water on the keyboard is a disturbing factor, Right? If you are also facing the problem of a water-damaged keyboard like a Ram then you can take help from this article to fix it.
I request you all not to leave the blog in between otherwise the chances are higher to skip any important information about whether can you fix a laptop with water damage.
Table of Contents
- Fixing A Water-Damaged Keyboard
Fixing A Water-Damaged Keyboard
In this paragraph, I am going to discuss whether can a laptop be repaired after water damage. Just you need to read this article so that you can gather knowledge about whether can you repair a laptop with water damage.
Method -1 To Fix Water-Damaged Keyboard
You can follow these simple steps To fix a water-damaged Mechanical Keyboard or gaming keyboard-
Step 1:- Unplug the keyboard from your computer or Pc. If your mechanical keyboard is wireless, turn it off right away.
Step 2:- Flip the keyboard over and let it drain for 4 to 24 hours. Also, put the dry towel on the keyboard to catch any liquid coming off from the keyboard keys.
Step 3:- Pop off all the keys on a mechanical or gaming keyboard.
Before pulling the keys from the keyboard Take a picture of your keyboard first so you can remember the layout of the keys.
Step 4:- Slide the membrane layer of the base into the keyboard.
Step 5:- Wash sticky liquids off with water and dish soap
If you spilled something other than water (like soda, juice, coffee, or tea), grab a washcloth and add 1 to 2 drops of dish soap and water.
Step 6:- Wipe down each piece of the key with a dry towel.
Step 7:- If your keys are still wet, dry those off too. Wait another 48 hours for your keyboard to dry and you can also use the hair dryer to dry the keyboard.
Step 8:- Reassemble your keyboard.
Step 9:- Start by attaching the membrane pieces to the base of the keyboard if you have any. Then, fix or arrange the keys back on the keyboard, and look at the picture you took if you need to recall the order.
Step 10:- Now try to start or power on your computer.
Method 2, To Fix Spilled Water Damage On Laptop Keyboard
In this paragraph, I will discuss another method of can a laptop to be repaired from water damage.
To fix a water-damaged laptop Keyboard follow these simple steps:-
Step 1:- Quickly shut down your laptop and disconnect your laptop right away.
Note: Spilling liquid on your laptop keyboard affects the whole device, so you must unplug it and turn it off.
Step 2:- If you have anything else plugged in, like a mouse or a CD drive, disconnect them right away.
Step 3:- Flip the laptop upside down for 1 to 2 hours and also put the dry towel on the keyboard to catch any liquid coming off from the keyboard keys.
Step 4:- Dab the outside of your laptop with a dry towel.
Use a second towel to wipe down any wet areas you can see on your laptop or you can also use a hair dryer to make it dry Focus on the vents and ports of the laptop to make sure water doesn’t get inside your laptop.
Step 5:- Take out the battery from the laptop if you can.
Step 6:- Restart your laptop after 1 to 2 hours.
After implementing these two methods, can a laptop be repaired with water damage? If your laptop doesn’t turn on, then refer to an NSS Laptop Service Center to fix this problem.
Also Read: How To Replace Laptop Keyboard
Why Should You Give A Chance To NSS Laptop Service Center?
These days competition is high and people get confused to choose the best laptop service center to provide the best treatment to their laptop so I am here to guide you on why you should give a chance to NSS Laptop Service Center.
- All laptop brands including Dell, HCL, Asus, Toshiba, HP, MacBook, Samsung, and Lenovo as well as components of a laptop including the motherboard, screen display, HDD, SSD, printers, mouse, LED light, processor, web camera, RAM, laptop adaptor and keyboard are serviced at the customer’s doorstep.
- A one-month warranty is guaranteed, or your money back. This service is only offered by the NSS laptop service center. In the event that you are dissatisfied with the service And discover any complaints about broken parts within a month, the NSS laptop service center will refund your money.
- Providing services on the same day a client contacts the NSS Laptop Service Center free of charge. If a client calls and does not have time to drop off the laptop an IT technician will come to the client’s location.
- Well-versed in utilizing all laptop brands-NSS laptop service center has a staff of knowledgeable and experienced IT experts who have a minimum of 8 to 10 years of experience in the same field making it clear that they are well versed in all laptop brands.
- Before using any equipment, every employee of the NSS laptop service center receives the necessary training. This enables them to handle any challenging problem. Every member of the NSS Laptop Service Center’s team has received specialized training.
- Willing to help at any time- We are always here to help you with your laptop-related problems.
- You can ask inquiries on websites and receive free responses: If you put your question, help will undoubtedly come your way.
- Customers’ laptops should always be carefully inspected by staff from the NSS laptop service center to ensure that future problems are prevented.
- The customers’ concern has been heard and team members have effectively explained the remedy whenever a customer describes his issue to any member of the group.
- Seven days are offered
- NSS laptop service center never makes for false guarantees.
- Delivery on time is something we are renowned for, and it's one of the key reasons we are successful.
- Perform one final inspection before delivery- NSS laptop service center crew always conducts one final check before delivery.
- Sell Used computers- NSS service center also sells refurbished laptops.
You must have faith in us in order to provide the greatest services and to benefit from them all.
Why Do Laptops Get Dirty?
Laptops can become dirty for a variety of causes, some of which are listed below.
Spots will harm the keyboard if you use your laptop’s keyboard while not cleaning your hands.
Also Read: How To Clean Laptop Keyboard
Water, coffee, tea, moisturizer cream, Dettol, and savlon can definitely damage your laptop’s keyboard if you have a tendency of using it near where you keep them. If you don't want to read the article, can the laptop be fixed after water damage? keep the water, coffee, tea, cream, and Dettol away from your laptop.
If you frequently use your laptop in the same area where food and beverages are put then consider switching locations as these items can harm the laptop. If you don’t want to suffer from a laptop water damage problem and don’t want to search for the article, can a water-damaged laptop be fixed then keep your laptop away from food?
How Much Does A Water-Damaged Laptop Cost To Fix/ How Much Does Laptop Water Damage Repair Cost?
A water-damaged laptop keyboard repair or replacement cost starts from around Rs. 300 to Rs. 12000 and the price can be increased according to the problem.
Also Read: Tips To Find The Best Laptop Cover
Also Read: Laptop Touchpad All Usefull & Shortcut Gestures
This article is all about can a water-damaged laptop be repaired. With this, we have also discussed how much a water-damaged laptop costs to fix and why you should give a chance to NSS Laptop Service Center. You can ask inquiries on websites and receive free responses: If you put your question help will undoubtedly come your way.