Did you know that nine in 10 connected households in Australia either have a PC or a laptop computer? Or that over 40% of Australian households also have an Internet-connected TV?
Use HDMI To Connect Your Laptop:
- HDMI's complete form is a High-Definition Multimedia Interface. It's one of the most common audio/video standards used nowadays. It can deliver high-definition video signals by a single cable.
- Most modern-day laptops have at least one HDMI port to plug into a computer monitor. You only need to buy an HDMI cable first, plug in one of its ends to your laptop, and the second to the screen HDMI port. Before you have to buy an HDMI cable, though, make sure to check your monitor screen's display inputs. Confirm that your monitor has an HDMI port, which looks (and functions) like the DisplayPort input.
Extend Your Display With A DisplayPort Cable:
- DisplayPort (DP), like HDMI, can also transmit HD audio and video signals from a laptop to an LG monitor. DP is relatively more common than HDMI on computer monitors.
- It's a simple way to tell that your laptop and monitor have a DisplayPort, which appears like the port itself. DP has five sides, with the upper right-hand corner. HDMI has eight sides, with the left- and right-hand identical corners.
- Even if your laptop does have both HDMI and DP ports, your monitor may have a DP input only. In this scenario, you'd need to buy a male-to-male DisplayPort cable. One side goes into your laptop's DP output, while the second goes into the external screen's DP input.
Also Read: How To Install Adobe Photoshop On Your Laptop?
Also Read: How To Connect Mobile To Laptop
Connect With A USB-C Cable:
- Some laptops may also have a USB-C (Thunderbolt 3) video output option. If your monitor has this one port, you can connect it to extend your laptop screen.
- You can even directly connect your laptop's USB-C output to your monitor screen's USB-C input.
Use A DVI Cable:
- The Digital Visual Interface (DVI) is this list's "oldest" display option. This means it's also the lowest in terms of video play quality. It can, however, transfer a resolution signal of up to 2560 x 1600.
- If you have a bit of an old computer monitor screen, chances are, you only have a DVI input. You can connect a DVI cable in your laptop to the display, but don't make wishes for fantastic video quality. Invest in your monitor upgrade if you're looking for a premium-quality show.
Get An Adapter:
- Suppose your laptop has a DisplayPort output, but you are considering connecting it to your HP monitor with an HDMI cable. In this case, you can view a DisplayPort-to- or a DisplayPort-to-HDMI dongle.
- You can also search for adapters and dongles for converting signals, like HDMI to VGA.
Also Read: Dell Service Center Kanpur Toll-Free Number: 1800-425-4002
Also Read: Apple Service Center Kanpur Toll-Free Number: 800-100-9009
There you have it, your fantastic guide to connecting your laptop to an external display. It doesn't matter if you have an LG or a Lenovo monitor; you only need the correct cable to extend your laptop's display. Following this can take your multitasking experience to the next level. Are you interested in learning more about refurbished monitors and computer setups? Then please feel free to connect with us! We can help you invest in the right gear to upgrade your workstation.