To access product information including technical specs, documentation, and warranties, Dell uses product identifiers like Service Tags, Express Service Codes, or Serial Numbers. By identifying your Dell product with the Service Tag, Express Service Code, or Serial Number, you can access customized support options.
A seven-letter alphanumeric code is a service tag.
A service tag's numeric equivalent, the express service code, has between 10 and 11 digits.
NOTE: Dell devices and peripherals including a keyboard, mouse, headset, and external hard drive lack an express service code or service tag. To obtain product documentation, locate these devices and accessories by model number on the Dell Support website. The Dell order number can be used to identify such products by Dell technical assistance. Find out how to locate a Dell monitor's service tag.
The Service Tag or Express Service Code label is located on the top panel, side panel, or rear panel of Dell desktop computers.
Using the SupportAssist app as a second option
Use the SupportAssist app on Microsoft Windows devices to have your device instantly scanned and the Service Tag located.
The SupportAssist app displays the desktop's service tag.
On Dell PCs, the Service Tag is accessible via the BIOS or UEFI.
To access the BIOS or UEFI interface, press the F2 key a few times on the Dell logo screen.
The System Information or Overview section contains information on the Service Tag. NOTE: Your Dell desktop may have a different BIOS or UEFI interface. Consult the Dell desktop's user manual to learn how to utilize the BIOS.
Utilizing the Windows Command Prompt is Method 4
On desktops running Windows operating systems, a straightforward command-line instruction can be used to determine the Service Tag.
We advise identifying your Dell/Dell EMC equipment or system using the Service Tag, Serial Number, Express Service Code, or PANT in order to have a customized experience on the Dell support website.
1. Look for the decal on a laptop. The tag, which is often white or black with contrasting characters, is located on the bottom of the laptop close to the battery cover. If you see the phrases "Service Tag" or "Serial Number," look for the 7-digit alphanumeric code there.
On the bottom of certain computers is a metal flap that hides the sticker. Lift the flap to reveal the sticker if you can't see it.
2. Locate the decal on a desktop computer. On the back of the tower or case, generally near the top, is a white sticker. On the top of the device, there may also be a black sticker with white text. The words "Service Tag" or "Serial Number" should be displayed beside or beneath a 7-digit alphanumeric code in either of these locations (on older models).
Look for a white sticker with black text near the bottom of the monitor's back if you're using an All-in-One PC.
3. On a printer, locate the sticker. Most All-in-One versions have a black sticker with white letters that reads "Service Tag" when the scanner lid is lifted. If you have an older model, check the back of the device or the cartridge bay for a sizable white sticker with a bar code. The seven-digit Service Tag is made up of both letters and numbers.
4. On a monitor, look for the sticker. Your 7-digit alphanumeric code can be found on the back of the monitor on a black-and-white sticker that says "Service Tag."
Not all monitors have stickers on the service tags.
You must locate the Service Tag number on your invoice if you can't see the label.
5. Look for the decal on a tablet. On the tablet's back is a label in black with white writing. You will require the 7-digit alphanumeric code located next to "Service Tag" in order to receive support.
6. Look for the decal on a projector. The projector's underside often has a black sticker with white wording. If you don't see a sticker there, it's in the projector's storage bag. The 7-digit alphanumeric Service Tag code can be found by searching for the phrases "Service Tag" or "Serial Number."
Also Read: NSS Dell laptop repair center
Also Read: Dell laptop repair service in Delhi
I won't say much about the blog about how to find service tags on dell laptop. It is an easy process and you can use it for various purposes.