How To Lock A Laptop Screen
"Locking a laptop a step towards better security of data". Right, if you also want to lock your laptop screen under security privacy premises then read this article to get detailed information about locking a laptop.
Before moving forward to the locking screen methods of laptops, let's understand what is locking a laptop screen.
Locking a laptop screen is a feature that comes under the security premises of a laptop or PC through which you can insert a security lock in the form of a code such as a password. And now only you can access your laptop files, folders, documents, accounts, chats, etc with the help of that password. The laptop can only be accessed by you or the person who knows the password.
Some of the Advantages of the lock of the screen are listed below -:
1. A lock provides a security lock to all our information and data on the laptop.
2. Locking screen of laptops Secures files, folders, and important documents.
3. This helps to secure our privacy.
4. Only the person who knows the password code can access the files and accounts which protect your data from stranger ones.
There are several methods through which you can lock your laptop screen -:
You can lock your laptop screen with the help of a shortcut key. To lock the screen with the shortcut key, follow these simple steps -:
1. Turn on your laptop or computer and refresh it.
2. Press the Windows+ L button on the keyboard.
3. L stands for the lock.
4. This option will lock your screen.
5. To open this you have to enter the set password by yourself.
6. You can also use another shortcut key Ctrl-Alt- del to get the open of locking your laptop or PC. To do this follow the instructions listed below -:
7. Turn on your laptop and refresh the main page.
8. Press Ctrl-Alt- del keys on the laptop at the same time to lock the laptop.
9. After pressing these keys you will be able to see the lock option in the menu list of your laptop display screen.
10. Click on the lock option to lock your laptop.
You can also use the start button on your laptop to lock the laptop. To do this follow these easy steps -:
1. Turn on your laptop.
2. Click on the start button from the bottom left corner of the laptop.
3. There you will be able to see your user name.
4. Click the user icon or name option.
5. This click will display the option of lock and log out.
6. Click on the locked option to lock your laptop.
You can also lock your laptop automatically with the use of the Screen saver option. To do this follow these easy steps-:
1. Turn on your laptop.
2. Go to the control panel option.
3. Search for the change screen saver option under the Appearance and personalization option.
4. Click on the screen saver option.
5. Search for the display log-on option.
6. Click on it to lock the screen or to decide the duration of screen time on your laptop display screen.
7. When the selected duration of time is completed laptop screen will automatically be switched off.
This feature of locking the screen with the use of a screen saver is different in windows 10 and 11. To lock the screen of the laptop in windows 10 and 11 follow these simple steps -:
1. Go to the control panel option.
2. Go to the settings.
3. Click on the personalization option.
4. Select the screen saver setting option. S
5. Click on it to lock the screen or to decide the duration of screen time on your laptop display screen.
6. When the selected duration of time is completed laptop screen will automatically be switched off.
Also Read: Top 3 Best Dell i7 12th Generation Laptops
This blog concludes with the different methods of screen lock of laptops.