How to fix MacBook Laptop Wi-Fi not working problem
Hello Friends, hope you are doing well!
We are pleased to present this blog for our MacBook Laptop users who face frequent Wi-Fi connectivity issues due to which they are unable to connect to their internet. We hope this blog will resolve the Wi-Fi connectivity problems of MacBook Laptop users.
If your MacBook is unable to connect over Wi-Fi to the internet then you need to setup a connection for your Wi-Fi network. You need to first analyze your connection and issues that affect the performance if any.
Follow the steps to connect your MacBook Laptop with your Wi-Fi network. However, if your network connection isn’t reliable with your internet then follow the steps in this blog which may help you to reconnect with your Wi-Fi network.
Wi-Fi recommendations should be checked
Checks issues that affect the ability for creating a fast, stable, and secure connection when your Mac tries to connect to a Wi-Fi network. If any of these issues are detected then your Wi-Fi status menu in the menu bar will show a new item: Wi-Fi Recommendations. Choose recommended solutions to see.
Take a Backup by making note of your network or router settings before changing them based on the recommendations in case you need the settings again.
Your Wi-Fi connection should be monitored
Your Wi-Fi connection can monitor your MacBook for intermittent issues such as dropped connections. For analyzing your wireless environment follow these steps when prompted by choosing “Monitor my Wi-Fi connection”.
During monitoring, Windows shows monitoring in progress. Even when your MacBook is asleep your monitoring continues as long as the windows will stop monitoring and will show a brief description of your issue. Then you can resume with your monitoring or continue with the summary for details and recommendations.
A diagnostic report has to be created
Before it displays the summary the Wireless Diagnostics automatically saves a diagnostics report. The same report can be created at any time by pressing and holding the Option key by choosing the Create Diagnostics Report from the Wi-Fi status menu. For creating the report your Mac may take several minutes.
The report name is “Wireless Diagnostics” which is a compressed file. This file is containing many files which describe your wireless environment in detail. For further analysis, a network specialist can examine them.
Other diagnostic utilities should also be used
For network specialists, Wireless Diagnostics includes additional utilities. The Wireless Diagnostics menu bar opens from the Windows menu:
· Your current network connections gather key details from info.
· Other system components enable background logging to your Wi-Fi which saves the result of your log file in the diagnostics report location on your MacBook. Even after you quit the app or restart your MacBook your logging continues so as to remember your disable logging when you're done.
· By scanning Wi-Fi routers find and gather key details in your environment.
· Performance of your Wi-Fi connection shows live graphs of your performance such as:
· The transmit rate over time in megabits per second is shown by Rate.
· The Signal-to-noise ratio over time shows the Quality. Your device disconnects from the Wi-Fi router when the quality is too low. There are many factors that affect the quality of your Wi-Fi connection such as the distance between your device and the router, objects such as walls that impede the signal from your router.
· Signal that shows both signals (RSSI) and the noise measurements over time. Your RSSI should be higher and your noise should be lower since the more the gap between RSSI and noise the better will be your signal.
· The traffic on your Wi-Fi connection is captured by Sniffer which is useful when diagnosing a reproducible issue. By clicking on start and selecting a channel and width you can begin capturing traffic on that channel. By clicking stop and save .wcap file create on your Mac location.
Hope this blog will be useful to MacBook Laptop users in resolving their Wi-Fi connectivity issues. By following the steps mentioned in this blog MacBook Laptop users will be able to resolve their Wi-Fi-related connectivity problems.