Is your Apple laptop plugged- into the charger but not charging? If yes, and you want to fix this issue then read this article to know the ways through which you can fix this problem and charge your Apple laptop without any problem.
What are the causes behind the MacBook not charging?
There may be various causes of the laptop not charging. Some of the main reasons for charging causes are listed below -:
· Problem with a charger
· Troubleshooting problems on laptop
· Battery damage
· Lifeless Battery
· If the AC (alternative current ) adapter is not working properly
· If the processor isn't working properly
· Outdated software or drivers
· System failure etc.
How to fix the charging problem in the Apple MacBook?
If your Apple laptop is "plugged in with charger but not charging" and the battery life percentage continuously dropping down then you can directly use these simple manual methods to resolve this problem -
1. Restart or Reboot your Apple MacBook
Your laptop may have some troubleshooting or system-related problem. In this case, Restart or Reboot your laptop to overcome this issue.
· Turned off your MacBook properly.
· Flip your laptop to the backside and remove the battery.
· Unplug and disconnect the AC adapter from the power and the laptop.
· Press and hold the Power button of the laptop for up to 10 seconds.
· Put your battery back into the laptop after some time.
· Plugged in and connect the AC adapter to the laptop and wall socket for power.
· Restart the laptop or reboot it.
· Now check the laptop if it is charging or not.
2. Change the power adapter of the laptop
If the AC or power Adapter of the laptop isn't working properly then it is also a reason for lacking the battery of your laptop. A faulty Adapter leads to a "plugged in not charging" issue. In this case, you have to prefer to change your AC Adapter. Buy an adapter of fine quality. Some common indications of a bad power adapter are the whizzing noise when you plug it into the switch point.
- if the AC adapter is silent, it wouldn't mean that it is not faulty.
- A silent AC Adapter is also has a fault and not compatible with your laptop charging.
To confirm these problems in the AC adapter, try using a different fine-quality AC adapter to charge the Apple laptop's battery.
If the new adapter charges your laptop’s battery, then the issue is not from your laptop but the AC adapter that is not charging the laptop properly.
3. Reset NVRAM
You can also reset NVRAM to fix the Macbook not charging issue.
· Power off your MacBook to hold the power button for at least 10 seconds.
· After some time turn on the laptop.
· hold and Control-Option-R-P four keys simultaneously until the MacBook restarts and after restarting released all four keys.
· Reboot the Macbook and reset NVRAM.
4. Clean the Macbook port properly
You can also clean the charging port, sometimes there is dust that settled down inside ports and occurs charging issues.
5. Check the USB cable
Check the charger once to whether it is connected to the wall socket correctly or not. Use a MagSafe charger or USB C wire instead of a USB -B wire because it doesn't supply provide the required power supply to Macbook. And also check whether there is any breakage into power chords or not. If there is any kind of damage there then fix it from the service center.
6. Check for Macbook update
You can also update the Mac system to resolve not charging issue of the laptop.
Also Read: Apple Authorized Service Center in Indore
Also Read: Apple Service Center Gwalior
This blog concludes with the methods through which you can fix the plugged-in not charging issue in Apple MacBooks.