This guide will show you several ways that you can troubleshoot and fix your dell laptop that has no sound from its speaker. Some solutions include double-checking the computer’s settings and updating your drivers.
There are many reasons why the speaker on your Dell laptop may suddenly stop working. Because of this, there is no universal solution to fix this problem and you may have to make several attempts.
Possible reasons why your speaker is not working:
Also Read: Most Common Laptop Problems & Solutions
Below are various solutions that you can try, ranging from the easiest fix to the most advanced, to troubleshoot why your laptop’s speakers do not work.
1. Restarting your computer is by far the easiest thing to do to fix your audio problem. Sometimes a conflict occurs in the software and a restart can erase any conflicts or data corruption and like magic, everything works the way it was intended.
2. Check your volume setting, make sure the speakers are not muted and the volume is turned up by clicking on the speakers’ icon in the lower right corner of your laptop.
3. If you are using headphones or external speakers, the audio signal is being sent to that device (which can be turned off, out of battery, etc.) Disconnect them to see if the audio once again comes out of your laptop’s speakers.
4. Run the voice troubleshooter which will check for and fix any problem it finds. Right-click the speaker symbol in the system tray and click troubleshoot the sound problem. Follow the prompts to fix the audio problem.
5. Update your drivers, just like restarting your computer, doing this solution has a high chance of fixing your audio problems. This piece of hardware will fail to function if they are not compatible with the newer version of window. There is one of two ways to do this.
The first method involves you opening the Device manager and locating the audio input and output entry. Updating drivers is done automatically by your computer.
The second method involves downloading the drivers directly from dell (or the manufacturer). By doing this make sure you are downloading the latest drivers while visiting Device manager may give you an older version.
Once you have downloaded the drivers, go back to Device manager and install them.
6. Roll back the recently installed drivers. Conversely, the audio problems can be caused by faulty drivers, so it’s best to revert to an older, working version of the audio driver.
7. Reset you’re PC, doing so allows you to essentially reinstall your Window OS from scratch and everything is as it was when you first bought the laptop. Keep in mind that this process may take some time.
8. If everything you’ve tried still doesn’t work, contact Dell Technical Support. And for instant support, you can also take the help of the NSS Laptop Service Center.
Also Read: Dell laptop Related Query Blogs
In this article, we have discussed how you can fix the no-sound problem in a Dell laptop and answer your question “Why my Dell laptop speakers are not working?” with a few simple measures that will help you to conquer your problem.