Hp laptop Hard drive failure
Do you know what a hard drive failure is in a laptop and how to fix it? If yes then this article going to help in a worthwhile way to get the best information about Hard disk failure and its solution.
The hard disk drive (HDD) of a computer or laptop is known as a hard drive or fixed disk. The hard disk drive (HDD) is a non-volatile data storage device. Non-volatile means maintaining the stored data when the computer or laptop is turned off. All computers need a storage device, and hard disk drives are just one example of a type of storage device. A hard disk is located within a drive unit on the computer's motherboard. It is installed internally in computer systems, mobile devices, consumer electronics, and enterprise storage arrays in data centers. They can store operating systems, software programs, and other files using magnetic disks in the system.
The hard disk drive is a secondary storage device of the computer or laptop, which is designed to store data permanently in the system. The secondary storage devices include a large storage capacity as compared to the primary storage devices in computers or laptops. The data stored in a hard disk is retained when our computer system shuts down or is turned off. The data stored in the hard disk can be of many types such as the operating system, installed software, documents, and other files of the computer.
Some advantages or benefits of a Hard Disk Drive are given below:
• One of the significant advantages or benefits of a Hard Disk drive is that its cost is low.
• Another advantage of a Hard Disk is that it is easily available in the market.
• Hard Disk is faster as compared to optical disks.
• The capacity for storing the data in a computer or laptop is usually large in HDDs.
Also Read: How To Protect Eyes From Laptop
Also Read: How To Make A Resume On A Laptop
The disadvantages or limitations of a Hard Disk Drive are given below :
•The speed of reading and writing on a Hard disk is slower than the RAM.
•Hard disk drives are noisy.
•Another disadvantage of HDD is that it is energy inefficient.
•Hard disks consume more power.
when the malfunctions and the stored information of the hard drive cannot be accessed with a properly configured computer it leads to hard drive failure.
These are some signs of hard drive failure -
· If Computer Screen freezes, work slows down or the screen became blue.
· If Data gets corrupted and the buildup of bad sectors.
· If Unusual Sounds come out from the system.
· If the Read/Write – Heads Crashed.
· If The Hard Drive's Spindle Motor dysfunction.
· If The Hard Drive has PCB Problems.
Try out these simple methods to fix hard drive failure and Hard drive errors 1 (3F1) error on your Hp laptop -:
· Default configurations restoring by Hard resetting your HP laptop.
· Reset the BIOS default settings.
· Run HP Hardware Diagnostics in quick or substantial mode.
· Hard Drive testing with another device.
· Reset the Hard drive.
· Retrieve the existing data from the damaged or corrupted Hard Drive.
A hard reset of the laptop can re-establishment BIOS and will wipe out everything from the memory of the RAM. But this will also lead to a default functionality restoring that creates a connection between Hardware and software and fix the failure.
Follow these simple steps to reset hard your Hp laptop -
1. Switched off your laptop completely.
2. Unplug the laptop from the power socket and disconnect all the other devices connected to it.
3. Now flip the back side of your laptop and open its case of it.
4. Remove the battery and clean it if any dust there.
5. Set the battery again.
6. Powered on your laptop and try to boot it.
If your Hp laptop can't boot up completely with the hard reset then try out this BIOS resetting method -
1. Turned off your Hp laptop and wait for 10 seconds.
2. Turn on your laptop and press F10 to enter BIOS settings.
3. On the BIOS screen, press the F9 key on the keyboard and click on the “BIOS Setup Default Settings” option.
4. Correct the order of BIOS and Save the settings changes by pressing the F10 key and exit BIOS.
5. Then Click on “Yes” when prompter and press “Enter”.
Resetting BIOS helps to reboot the laptop's system and fix the drive failure.
Run Hardware Diagnostics in quick or extensive mode to fix hard drive failure.
Follow these steps To try Component Tests in hardware diagnostic to fix the Hp computer -
Step 1 -First, you will have to shut down your hp computer and then "power on " it again. After that, you will have to press the Esc key approx 8-10 times then the menu appears.
Step 2 -You will click on the F2 key and select the option component tests.
Step 3 -By entering that option, you will know everything about each component of your hp computer and see if there is an issue with them.
You can also try booting your hp computer in safe mode if your hp computer won’t boot up by pressing the F4 button. Booting in the safe mode deletes all the installed drivers, updates, and even the user account if it is corrupt. And after that, your hp computer will easily boot up.
Also Read: How To Charge Laptop With Power Bank
This article concludes with the methods through which you can fix the hard drive failure of your Hp laptop.