How To Set Up A New Laptop | Important Things To Do
Why not make the Windows 10 updates you want to manually install if your computer is already going to download them automatically?
1. In the search box, enter "updates."
Search for "updates" in the search field.
2. To seek out improvements
To check for updates, select.
Windows will begin to look for and download updates, but you can keep working while this is happening.
3. Choose the "Check for updates" box if Windows doesn't check for updates automatically.
Click "Check for updates" to see whether the update is automated.
Most PC manufacturers preload irritating third-party software on your laptop whether you want it or not. From 30-day antivirus trials to casually addictive desktop games you might not want to play, bloatware is prepared to consume vital system resources (like Candy Crush). To take it away:
1. Navigate to Settings. You can go there by using the Start Menu.
Settings are accessible from the Start menu.
2. Decide on a system.
Select a system
3. Select Apps and features from the left menu. If this option isn't available, enter "Apps" into the search bar and select "Apps and Features" from the list of results. (As an alternative, you can enter "Uninstall" into the Taskbar's Search Box and then skip steps 1 and 2 and choose "Add or uninstall programs.")
Features & Apps
4. Pick the app you want to delete.
5. Choose the app you want to remove.
Then select Uninstall.
6. Follow the directions and swipe your finger (for fingerprint readers) or look into the camera (for facial recognition). Windows 10 won't allow you to continue if you don't have an IR camera or a fingerprint reader.
webcam or swipe your finger
7. Select Create a PIN. In case your finger or face doesn't register, Windows 10 asks you to have a PIN as a backup. If you already have a PIN, you won't be required to complete this.
choose "Set up PIN"
8. Type in a PIN and hit OK.
PIN key in, then hit "OK"
The Microsoft Edge browser is quick, small, and unquestionably worthwhile. But if you're used to Chrome and Firefox extensions, you'll want to switch right away to your preferred browser. Follow these instructions to make your new browser the default one.
Also Read: Best Browser For Laptop Or PC
1. Download and launch the installer for your preferred browser. Go to https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/desktop/ to access Chrome.
2. Access the settings page. The Start Menu will take you there.
3. Select System.
4. In the left pane, click Default apps.
In the left pane, select Default Apps.
5. Select the Web browser icon. Choose a default may be mentioned, or the symbol for the currently selected default browser may be present.
Under the Web browser tab, choose your browser.
6. From the pop-up menu, choose your browser.
In the pop-up menu, choose your browser.
It can make reminders, find files using semantic search, respond to queries using the Bing knowledge base, carry out some voice commands, and provide alerts for things like weather and sports scores, among other useful functions. If having a digital assistant sounds appealing to you, you must activate Cortana and provide her with some personal data. You can still use Cortana's search box to find files and apps if you decide against using a digital assistant and decide not to enable Cortana.
To launch Cortana:
1. Open the search window.
Select the search field.
2. Select "Cortana is much more than this"
Clicking Cortana can perform much more
3. Select login.
You'll be asked to sign in if you don't have a Microsoft account, but you should already be logged into Windows 10 with that account (unless you went out of your way to create a local account).
4. After clicking the search box, choose the notebook icon in the left menu bar.
Tap the notepad icon.
An icon list emerges.
Symbols appear; locate "About Me"
5. Enter your name and preferred locations by clicking About Me (such as work and home).
Select About Me
6. To tell Cortana which teams you support, click Sports.
To instruct Cortana which teams to follow, choose Sports.
7. To grant Cortana access to information from other accounts, click Connected Accounts.
To add other accounts, click Connected Accounts (Linkedin, uber, etc)
8. Click in the search box and press the settings menu on the left to disable Cortana. Slide the Let Cortana respond to the "Hey Cortana" slider to the left under the Talk to Cortana menu. In the main search box, you can also type in "Speed, inking, & typing."
turn off Cortana
The Windows lock screen serves no value unless you love looking at a pretty picture when you wake up or boot your PC. Why not just go straight to the login prompt upon starting up instead of having to swipe or click on the lock screen photos before entering your username and password? Here's how to turn off the lock screen in Windows 10.
1. By pressing Windows + R or entering "Regedit" in the run box, you can launch the registry editor.
Go to Regedit
2. When prompted by User Account Control, select Yes.
3. Open the folder tree in the left window pane and go to HKEY LOCAL MACHINESOFTWAREPoliciesMicrosoftWindows.
In the folder tree on the left, select Windows under Policies.
4. New > Key can be chosen by right-clicking in the right pane. Next, rename the Personalization key. If Windows already has a Personalization key, you can skip this step. You must have admin access to finish this step, so keep that in mind.
In the right pane, click and hold.
5. Click the Personalization button.
6. Use the right-click menu to choose the New > DWORD (32-bit) value in the right pane. Give it the name NoLockScreen.
By renaming it, create a new DWORD Value (32-bit). NoLockScreen
New DWORD Value creation
7. Double-click NoLockScreen and type 1 into the dialogue box to change it to 1.
8. Exit the Registry Editor, then restart your computer.
NoLockScreen should be double-clicked, and its value data should be 1
You should scale your display.
The high-resolution screens that come with many modern laptops are bright, and vibrant, but contain so many pixels that your icons and fonts could look a little bit too small right out of the box.
On the other hand, your laptop can contain fonts and icons that are bigger than you need, thus wasting screen space. Using a Windows feature called display scaling, you can regulate the size of desktop elements. You can increase the scale to 125 or even 150 percent if you find the on-screen content to be too small. However, you can reduce that value to 100% if you want to accommodate more information on the display at once. How? Read on.
1. Select Display Settings by performing a right-click on your desktop.
On the desktop, select Display settings from the context menu.
2. Modify the "Change the size of text, apps, etc." menu option. 100 percent is the smallest you can get. The shift in the immediately noticeable change to the size of some menus.
3. Reboot your computer or log out and log back in.
Also Read: How To Make Your Laptop Touchscreen
Also Read: 5 Best Graphics Card For Laptops in India
I won't say much as the blog has informed you all about how to set up a new laptop. It is an easy process and you can use it for various purposes.