As technology moves forward at high speed, we also need to learn about the technology features to make a value of ourselves in this high-tech world, right? Basic technology features of electronic devices or tools are developing quickly. Toe to balance ourselves in the technology race, we need to understand and learn all the dimensions of technology and its features. Mobile phones, laptops, or PCs are one of the basic needs in our daily lives. Without them, we can't even think about a day.
To operate smoothly, we must look at all the dimensions of these necessities ( mobile phone and laptop).
Entering BIOS on the laptop is very helpful in operating notebooks and computers.
The complete form of BIOS is the essential input and output system. It is the primary operating system that helps boot or refresh the laptop or PC. BIOS is the feature that is built into the core processor software of a laptop or PC. It is located on the motherboard chip. The chip that contains BIOS on the motherboard is EPROM (Programmed on an erasable and programmable read-only memory ), which is responsible for retaining the data from the laptop or computer when the switch is off and retrieving the same stored data when the control of the laptop or computer is turned on.
· BIOS manages the data flow between the laptop and the devices that are connected to the laptop. Such as a keyboard, printer, and mouse. It also manages the flow of data in a laptop or computer to operate systems such as video adapters, hard disk drives, etc.
· BIOS runs through a process known as ( Power-On Self Test) POST, which determines whether the connected device is functioning correctly or not and whether the attached devices are operating in the proper place. If all attachments are allocated and properly working, your computer or laptop startup continues as usual and takes you to load the screen in seconds with the OK confirmation.
· If BIOS detects any problems or errors, the screen will automatically appear with a series of beep codes that indicate something is wrong with your device.
The four primary functions of BIOS are -:
BIOS runs through a process known as ( Power-On Self Test) POST; it determines whether the connected device to the laptop is functioning correctly or not and whether the attached devices are operating in the proper place. If all attachments are allocated and properly working, your computer or laptop startup continues as usual and takes you to load the screen in seconds with the OK confirmation. If BIOS detects any problems or errors, the net will automatically appear with a series of beep codes and a message that indicates something is wrong with your device.
2. Bootstrap loader
The bootstrap loader reads the hard drive of the laptop and PC and helps the boot sector accomplish the further operating system tasks to load.
When you restart your laptop or PC, the bootstrap loader activates the POST and loads Windows 10 into memory. Newer versions of laptops and PCs replaced the bootstrap loader with an EFI (Extensible Firmware Interface).
3. CMOS setup
Complete form of CMOS Complementary Metal-Oxide Semiconductor is responsible for setting up password, time, and date on your laptop or PC.
4. BIOS Drivers
BIOS drivers are the programs stored in the computer's additional memory chips. These low-level drivers are used to boot the laptop or computer system and prompt some basic operational controls on the laptop or computer.
You can use these methods to enter BIOS in an HP laptop -:
1. With the use of the function key
Press the ESC or F10 key on the keyboard when your laptop is booting up and check the BIOS setup utility.
2. With the use of the Windows 10 start menu
· Go to the window setting option from the start button.
· Click on the "Update & security" option from the settings area.
· Select the "Recovery" option under the update and security option and click on it.
· Click the "Restart now" option to restart your laptop.
· You can also go to an advanced startup to fix the problem with the troubleshooting option.
· Then restart your laptop.
This is how you can quickly enter BIOS in an HP laptop.
This blog concludes with the methods to enter BIOS in an HP laptop.