As technology moves forward with its high speed we also need to learn about the technology features to make a value of ourselves in this Hi-tech world .right? Basic to Basic technology features of electronic devices or tools are developing at a fast rate to balance ourselves in the race of the technology to need to understand and learn all the dimensions of technology and features. Mobile phones, laptops, or PC are one of the basic needs in our daily lives. Without them, we can't even think about a day in our lives.
We have to look at all the dimensions of these necessities ( mobile phone and laptop) to operate them smoothly.
Enter BIOS in the laptop is such a thing that is very helpful in operating laptops and computers.
The full form of BIOS is the basic input and output system. It is the basic operating system that helps in booting or refreshing the laptop or PC. BIOS is the feature that is built into the core processor software of a laptop or PC. It is located on the motherboard chip. The chip that contains BIOS on the motherboard is EPROM (Programmed on an erasable and programmable read-only memory ) that is responsible for retaining the data from the laptop or computer when the switch is off and retrieving the same stored data when the switch of the laptop or computer is turned on.
· BIOS manages the data flow between the laptop and the devices that are connected to the laptop. Such as a keyboard, printer, and mouse. It also manages the flow of data in a laptop or computer to operate systems such as video adapters, hard disk drives, etc.
· BIOS runs through a process which is known as ( Power-On Self Test) POST, which determines whether the connected device is functioning correctly or not and whether the attached devices are operating in the proper place or not. If all attachments are allocated and properly functioning then your computer or laptop startup continues as usual and takes you to load the screen in a matter of seconds with the OK confirmation.
· If BIOS detects any problems or errors screen will automatically appear with a series of beep codes sound that indicates that something is wrong with your device.
The four basic functions of BIOS are -:
BIOS runs through a process which is known as ( Power-On Self Test) POST, it determines whether the connected device to the laptop is functioning correctly or not and whether the attached devices are operating in the proper place or not. If all attachments are allocated and properly functioning then your computer or laptop startup continues as usual and takes you to load the screen in a matter of seconds with the OK confirmation. And If BIOS detects any problems or errors screen will automatically appear with a series of beep codes sound and with a message that indicates that something is wrong with your device.
2. Bootstrap loader
The bootstrap loader reads the hard drive of the laptop and PC and helps the boot sector to accomplish the further operating system task to load.
When you restart your laptop or PC, the bootstrap loader activates the POST and then loads Windows 10 into memory. Newer versions of laptops and PCs replaced the bootstrap loader with an EFI (Extensible Firmware Interface).
3. CMOS setup
Full form of CMOS Complementary Metal-Oxide Semiconductor which is responsible for setting up password, time, and date on your laptop or PC.
4. BIOS Drivers
BIOS drivers are the different programs that are stored in the computer’s different memory chips. These are the type of low-level drivers which are used to boot the laptop or computer system and prompt some basic operational controls on the laptop or computer.
You can use these methods to enter BIOS in a Hp laptop -:
1. With the use of the function key
Press the ESC or F10 key on the keyboard when your laptop is in the process of booting up and check the BIOS setup utility.
2. With the use of the Windows 10 start menu
· Go to the window setting option from the start button.
· Click on the "Update & security” option from the settings area.
· Select the “Recovery" option under the update and security option and click on it.
· Click the “Restart now” option to restart your laptop.
· You can also go to an advanced start-up to fix the problem with the troubleshooting option.
· Then restart your laptop.
This is how you can easily enter BIOS in a Hp laptop.
This blog concludes with the methods through which you can enter BIOS in a Hp laptop.