Troubleshooting keyboard backlight failure
Hello Friends, I hope you are doing well!
Those keyboards that have keys illuminated with some LED underneath them are Backlit keyboards. They make it easy to type even under dark rooms to provide better visibility. It has become common now to have a backlit keyboard on your laptop.
The software controls Keyboard backlighting, for which there could be several reasons for them not working. Due to lousy software updates or hardware issues, there may be a possibility that they fail to work.
How to fix the keyboard backlight not working
Like many issues, the backlight issue of your keyboard not working for your computer can be caused by several reasons; however, not all of them might be applicable in your case. Here is the list of the most common solutions to fix the problem.
1. The first thing to do is press the FN + Spacebar to turn the backlighting OFF or ON. For different models of laptops, this key can be foreign. This may look different depending on the brand of laptop you own.
2. Did your keyboard backlight stop working after you made any software changes recently? If so, try uninstalling the software to see if it fixes your issue. Before installing the software, creating a System Restore Point is best practice. If you haven't made one, restore your system to the previous state by going into the system restore settings.
3. See if it makes any difference when you try to update your BIOS and chipset drivers because sometimes drivers with different versions can cause such problems.
4. You must change the settings from the Windows keyboard properties if you face early backlight time-outs.
5. If you have an ASUS ATK software package, then those users using ASUS branded laptops have reported that their keyboard backlight has failed to work after their windows were updated to Windows 10 from Windows 8 or other Windows versions. ASUS uses its software to handle various features and gestures on its laptops, and this software is called the ATK package. By updating this software package, you will be able to fix this issue.
6. Hardware Fault is sometimes related to hardware issues. This may be due to the communication ribbon of your keyboard getting damaged, which causes the malfunction of the backlighting.
The backlight is not working on the MacBook.
Similar to Windows, this issue also occurs in several MacBooks. Here, we list some popular yet short solutions to fix this problem.
1. Firstly, check whether your light sensor faces some light source directly. In that case, your automatic keyboard backlighting will not trigger.
2. If your automatic light-sensing isn't working correctly, turn off the option to adjust the keyboard brightness automatically. Then, by accessing the keyboard preferences and unchecking the chance, you must control your backlighting by pressing F5 or F6 to decrease increases.
3. If there is a liquid spill on your keyboard, then that might cause some keyboard backlighting problems. This may require you to change your entire keyboard panel.
4. If everything else fails, a loose or lousy keyboard backlit cable may be possible. You will then need to open your MacBook and check whether your backlit line is adequately fixed or needs replacement.
If there is some liquid spill, such as water, milk, or soup, on the keyboard, your keyboard backlighting may fail to work. Then, it would be best if you changed a new keyboard panel. You can change it or send it to a Mac repair store. We strongly recommend you select the latter option.
You need to buy a suitable replacement to change the keyboard panel. Then you need to prepare tools like screws, knives, screwdrivers, and other devices. Then, turn off the Mac and remove the battery to change the panel.
If all the above methods cannot fix your Mac keyboard backlight not working issue, then you need to better contact customer service for your Mac, which is the most direct and effective method.
The customer service will be able to resolve all the solutions to fix the keyboard backlight not working for Windows and Mac.
We hope that with this blog's help, laptop users with Windows and Mac systems can troubleshoot their keyboard backlight failure issue.